Wednesday 15 September 2010

The Birthday Blog

Today is my twenty third birthday, I remember so many of my past birthdays incredibly fondly and the memories are so vivid I cannot quite believe how much time has passed. Unlike many people I do not look at birthdays as turning a year older, although this may change as I start the dreaded countdown to thirty, instead I see them as a day to be spoilt and enjoy the company of family and friends.
As it’s my birthday I took a day off the ironing and instead I set my talents to cooking up a veggie chilli, it’s pretty much the best chilli ever, even the meat eaters think so. I also made a mango salsa to go with it and my dad whipped up his famous guacamole. It was a Mexican feast, which is just as well as there were eleven of us eating.
Guacamole

Mango Salsa






I have somehow managed to stretch my birthday out and the celebrations don’t end tonight. Tomorrow I am going for dinner at Fishers Restaurant in Leith, what with the Pope being in town we thought it was best to stay down this neck of the woods as naturally the head of the Vatican isn’t visiting lovely Leith.  Then on Friday I am heading up to Aberdeen for Felix Da Housecat at the Forum as well as dinner at Josephine’s. It’s BYOB, how much wine is too much?




My beautiful new Michael Kors watch courtesy of Angela and Gordon. LEGENDS.




No comments:

Post a Comment