Wednesday 29 September 2010

These boots were literally made for walking, and wearing.

Dark nights, central heating and a smattering of browning leaves on the pavement: autumn well and truly has us in her blustery grip. While it is depressing to say goodbye to summer (did we ever say hello?) I must admit that there is something about this time of year that thrills me. There is so much to look forward to over the next few months; Halloween, bonfire night and of course Christmas as well as the simple pleasures Jack Frost brings like hats and scarves and new winter boots.

Boots are the most versatile shoe a woman can have in her wardrobe, this is not the same for men, for most men boots=JLS wannabe. This time last year like most people I know I lusted after a pair of All Saints biker boots, they were the definitive flat boot of last winter. I was a struggling student however so I searched high and low for the cheapest and most appealing alternative. My search took me to River Island where I found 'The Ones'; soft, distressed leather with laces and a zip, not too butch but substantial enough to get me through what was a long and icy winter.

When in March the snow finally decided to stop I cast the boots aside, my feet longed to wear pumps and trainers and heels again. However this was short lived. As the sun came out I reveled in the few opportunities to get my pasty legs out and the boots just seemed to go with everything; they toughened up my florals and complimented my laid back approach to summer dressing. They were the perfect all-weather, cross-seasonal boot, something I had once believed was a myth. In fact they still are, and I continue to wear them at every available opportunity despite the fact that the sole is wearing thin and the insoles are curled up in the corner of the toe.

Sadly one day, in the not so distant future I will have to invest in a new pair of winter boots and while there will be some pleasure in the hunt to find that perfect pair I will never forget AW09/10 or in fact SS10 or as it will forever be remembered The Year of THE Boot.

I wouldn't mind these SEE BY CHLOE boots £328...





These classic DM's are maybe more in my budget though £74.99 SCHUH




I love my boots.






No comments:

Post a Comment