Saturday 12 March 2011

give yourself a short shake

Today I gave myself a figurative and physical shake. My plan for this weekend was to stay in my pyjamas for 48 hours however lying in my bed at 3pm today I realised that while I do love my comfies sometimes lounging about makes you lazy and lacklustre. I am appalled with myself for neglecting this blog in recent weeks but my life has been tediously busy. I have been working full-time, and the shock of early mornings also meant that my bed went unmade for almost a fortnight which is terribly out of character for me and was in fact the catalyst for my getting out of bed! Now, after a long shower and with the help of The Strokes I feel refreshed and ready to tackle my task for today: finding the perfect work trouser.

My new job (which is merely a means to an end at the moment) has a smart/casual dress code. My understanding of smart/casual has always been that pretty much anything goes except denim and trainers so imagine my utter horror when I discovered that shorts were prohibited yet jeans and sports shoes were allowed. I love shorts, in fact I live in shorts; denim, leather, cotton, they are my absolute favourite garment for all occasions. This is my predicament, I have lots of shorts but am seriously lacking in the trouser department (no immature giggling please).  The length of my legs means that smart trousers tend to finish right at my ankle giving me the look of a school boy who took an unexpected growth spurt, not ideal. And while I do like a cropped tailored trouser the ever changing Scottish weather means they can be a risky choice. Then there is the jean, I have already had a rant about how difficult it is for me to find jeans that fit and for that reason I tend to find a pair that fits and wear them until they disintegrate, literally. Last Friday I discovered a large rip in the ass of my favourite jeans, a rip so long that it was exposing not only my pants but a huge chunk of fleshy cheek. I have no idea how long the rip had been there but there is a chance that I exposed myself to ALL of my new colleagues as well as train full of people en route to Aberdeen. Oh the horror.

There are so many nice pairs of trousers out there just now but I know that as soon as I get into a changing room I will be transported back to my youth where searching for school trousers was an impossible task fraught with frustration and tears. That's why I always wear shorts, they never let me down.

The Saturday Set-Up, LOVE those red leather trousers from ZARA
Image from ASOS.
I really need these leather trousers in my life, like now. (£100 ASOS)

2 comments:

  1. My work are excatly the same dress code, its so frustrating to look smart and yet fashionable and i find so much tailoring is very badly mis fitted to my figure, so it always hangs fuuny! My fail safe is always a smart dress! Hope it goes better for you xx :o)

    http://lulubbeautyandfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovee those trousers! and i NEED the silvery shimmery pillow on your bed! so pretty!! xxx

    ReplyDelete