Monday 4 October 2010

Boxer Shorts

Why is it that when you have money to spend the shops are full of utter rubbish but when you don't have a penny to your name town is suddenly chock-a-block full of everything you've ever wanted? I am a tortured soul, I love clothes yet I cannot afford them, I want new things yet I have nowhere to showcase them. My poverty is my misery.

I was kind enough to receive a £25 Topshop voucher for my birthday last month and wisely I resisted from spending it straight away so that when something I really wanted adorned the rails I would be able to buy it, guilt free. This weekend I decided to venture into Topshop for a 'browse' reminding myself that I would only part with my gift card for something truly exceptional.

I was surrounded by temptation: sumptuous fabrics and silhouettes in navy, tan and burgundy hues. I needed to get out of there however as I scanned the store for the nearest exit I spotted two of my close friends and we stopped for a chin-wag under the beady eye of the balding security guard. It was here, on the rail next to where we had stopped to gossip that a pair of shorts caught my eye.

Navy cotton with a boxer style drawstring and tan leather look waistband they looked comfortable but cool. And it seemed like fate had wanted us to be together. After saying goodbye to my friends I still had the shorts firmly in my grasp, their versatility intrigued me. I bought them. While not exceptional they are exceptionally comfortable, the length is forgiving and they look great with flats and heels alike. I have a feeling they may become a staple piece in this year's winter wardrobe.


Shorts £32 TOPSHOP

No comments:

Post a Comment