Monday 7 February 2011

wall flower.

I have decided to do up my room as I need something other than Facebook and 90210 to occupy my time and as it has been the same for years I feel like it's time for a change. I went into John Lewis yesterday to have a look at wallpaper for my 'feature wall' (I'm so down with my decorator chat) and imagine my delight when I found AMAZING Sanderson wallpaper reduced to clear. I had already admired it online where it was still priced at £42 a roll so to find it marked down to £19 a roll seemed like fate and a total bargain as the dithery old sales assistant pointed out. I am going to take before and after shots of the room and keep you updated on my progress as I am attempting the painting myself. However, I do not trust myself with the wallpaper especially as I keep insisting on calling it wrapping paper. Don't quite think sellotape would do the job in this case. Redecorating also meant a trip to Ikea, where the tiny pens make you feel like a giant and you come away with something random that you don't really need (in my case an orchid and some straws). I have heard mixed reviews about the infamous Ikea meatballs so I decided to give them a miss and opted instead for a slice of pizza the size of my face at Costco next door, if you have never been to Costco before, shame on you, it's wonderful.

A glimpse of things to come

4 comments:

  1. charlotte, you crack me up, love it! holly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really made me laugh! Good luck with the decorating!
    Immie x
    http://ihlittlewhirlsofskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that wallpaper is lovely! And what a bargain. Don't be fooled by the mixed reviews, the Ikea meatballs are a-mazing. The gravy they come with is even better, especially when you dip chips in it. Nom. Looking forward to seeing your photos once it's up.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally gorgeous wall paper, I love Ikea literally for the random hauls. Ice cream scoops a plenty and "ironic" cushion covers that don't fit any cushion known to man? lovely blog! xx

    ReplyDelete