Monday 13 June 2011

red alert.




I am currently finding myself lusting after apple ripe red clothing. Red, normally a colour associated with a fat old man at Christmas, is rather prevalent in the high street this summer and colour in general is making a definite comeback. Last week as I stood in Topshop I felt as though I was in the midst of a Skittle explosion and as somebody who tends to constantly veer towards caramels, greys and the ever classic black I find the idea of coloured clothes to be somewhat terrifying. That said my recent penchant for red is evident in the above two purchases; the skirt is a silky tomato coloured maxi from Topshop (£35) which is ingeniously slit up the sides making it ideal for busting a groove, more specifically my signature move 'the running man'. The jeans were a Primark steal for only £10 and they make me feel very Parisian and chic despite the fact that they are worryingly ill fitting at the crotch, but for a tenner I can't really complain. Now let me just mention that I am generally not for coloured denim, there are some lovely pastel pink and lilac skinnies out there at the moment but more often that not coloured jeans don't work. A shining example of this is when slightly rotund, floppy haired, posh boys opt for a salmon or mauve or even red coloured jean. So unfortunate.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment